Have questions about the flu or COVID-19?Get Help
COVID-19 and flu season
COVID-19 and flu season
We’re here to help you stay safe through COVID-19 and flu season.
With COVID-19, getting a flu shot is more important than ever before. The flu shot is a proven and trusted way to protect you and your family from the flu. And Cityblock is here to make sure you know how and where to get your shot.
If you need help finding a flu shot near you, call or text us at 833-904-2273 (CARE). We’re here for you 24/7.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a new virus that presents with flu-like symptoms. COVID-19 is spread from person-to-person through droplets, such as coughs or sneezes. The virus is in our community, so someone may get the virus without having recently traveled. If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever, body aches, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, abdominal pain (specifically nausea or diarrhea), chills, headaches, or sudden loss of taste or smell – please call us for additional information.
Who is at risk?
Anyone can get the virus. For some people, the symptoms are mild and can be treated at home, while for others the virus can be life-threatening. There is a greater risk for serious disease in people who are older or who have existing medical conditions such as heart disease, lung disease or diabetes. If you are over 50 years old or have an existing condition, please call us for additional information on how to keep yourself healthy.
What should I do?
One of the best things you can do to keep yourself and others healthy is pretty simple—wash your hands! We recommend practicing good habits for keeping yourself healthy, just like you would to avoid getting sick with the flu.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after sneezing or coughing, and after touching surfaces in a public place.
- Avoid crowds or large gatherings.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean with regular household cleaning sprays or wipes.
How can I be prepared?
If you don’t feel well, stay home. To help prevent the spread of Coronavirus, it is recommended that you stay in your home if you become symptomatic with flu-like symptoms. You should contact your provider, or call us for next steps. If possible it is best to have a month’s supply of medications and at least a 2 week supply of food in your home. We can help you prepare and have staff available to support you 24/7.
How can Cityblock help?
- If you would like advice from a nurse on how best to protect yourself and your family, we have clinicians on-call to assist you 24/7.
- If you aren’t feeling well, please call us first before you decide to go to the hospital. We have doctors, nurse practitioners and nurses on-call to assist you 24/7.
- If you would like help setting up prescription delivery, we have nurses and pharmacists available to help.
- If you need access to food, please call us and we can work with our network of Community Based Organizations to try and coordinate a delivery.
Recommendations Based on CDC Guidlines
CDC continues to study the spread and effects of Covid 19 across the United States. We now know that some individuals have Covid and never experience any symptoms, but they can still infect others. Maintaining 6-feet social distancing remains important to slowing the spread of the virus. The CDC is additionally advising the use of cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings may be made from common household materials. Need help getting a cloth face covering? Give us a call, we can help.
Call 833-904-CARE (2273) (TTY: 711)
You may limit the information we collect about you disabling cookies on your computer or restricting what personal information you disclose to us through our collection form or when you communicate with us.